The Best Waffle Batter Recipe
Alike pancake, waffle has lots of admirer and eaten throughout the world. Waffle is a dish that is made from leavened batter cooked between two plates that are patterned. Waffle is so easy to recognize because of its shape and surface impression. Waffle can be made easily at your own kitchen. The quality of the waffle will depend on the batter. So, you have to make sure that you got a right waffle batter recipe like below.
- 1½ cups (225g) plain all-purpose flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup (35g) cornflour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (separated)
- In a large bowl, place the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt. Mix them to combine.
- Then, add the buttermilk, egg yolks and oil. Whisk until smooth and then set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, place the egg whites and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Lastly, add the egg white to the flour mixture and fold gently to combine.
Beside of the batter, there are also several tips about how to make the perfect waffle. Try to remember these following:
- Beat the egg white and sugar into very stiff peaks. You can just imagine that they kicked your pet. So do not be shy to do it in the right way.
- Use the buttermilk because it is believed as the best. The buttermilk is playing an important rule to your waffle’s texture.
- You can use whether baking soda or baking powder. Baking powder will eat some of the buttermilk while the baking soda will bring out the taste if the buttermilk. For this one, you can use one of them depending on your intention.