Rum Runner Cocktail Recipe
Last night, I was writing a cocktail recipe. That was rusty nail recipe. Then, this night, I am going to write another great cocktail, the rum runner. The rum runner is something that I was curious about at the first time I heard it. Simply, the rum runner cocktail was invented at the Holiday Isle Tiki Bar in Islamorada, Florida. It was in the late 1950s. The history of this kind of drink makes me wondering but we are not going to talk about it too much. There are several versions of rum runner and this rum runner recipe is the most famous recipe.
You Will Need:
- ¾ oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- ¼ oz. crème de banana liqueur
- ¼ oz. blackberry liqueur
- 2 oz. orange juice
- ½ oz. grenadine
- 8 oz. Crushed ice
Way to Make It:
- The way to make this cocktail is so simple. Firstly, in a blender, add the Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, blackberry liqueur, crème de banana liqueur, grenadine, orange juice and the crushed ice.
- Then blend it until slushy.
- The last, pour it into a glass.
Beside the rum runner recipe above, there are also several variations of it such as the original rum runner, fancy rum runner, basic rum runner, Islamorada rum runner, and the holiday Isle rum runner. The fancy rum runner is the runner with highbrow ingredients like blackberry brandy and spiced rum. The basic rum runner is for who wants a no-frills drinking. It is served with affordable ingredients while the Islamorada rum runner is a drink for those with a sweet tooth. The Islamorada commonly goes down smooth. However, the above rum runner recipe is believed as the best and the most common one.