Recipes with Hamburger Meat A.K.A Ground Beef
The first thing to ask is, “What kind of meat that is used in hamburger?” The answer is ground beef which has been finely chopped with a meat grinder. Ground beef can be cooked into several other dishes. These recipes with hamburger meat are my favorites.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
2 tablespoons butter
1 package (8 oz) sliced baby portabella mushrooms
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 cup chopped onions
1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
1 ½ cups beef flavored broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
6 cups cooked egg noodles
Chopped Italian parsley (optional)
- Melt the butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Then, cook mushrooms, onions and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes. Stirring occasionally until tender and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook the beef 5-7 minutes until no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in a cup of beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Then beat flour and remaining beef broth with a whisk until incorporated. Stir into beef mixture. Add the mushroom mixture and return to boiling. Stir for 1 minute remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Classic Meatloaf
1-1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 package (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 egg (beaten)
1 onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
1 can (4 oz.) condensed cream (divided)
1 cup chili sauce
- Mix the first 5 ingredients and ½ cup soup. Press into 8×4-inch load sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 55 minutes over 160 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook the remaining soup heated through.
- Remove from pan and top with soup mixture.