Whether you call eggy bread, Bombay toast or German toast, all of them are referred to French toast. It is a dish which is made of bread soaked in milk and beaten eggs before being fried. The French toast is popular by its easy ways to make. However, some people may want to know how to make it in very easy ways like super easy. You are lucky because I am going to show you that super easy French toast. I would like to name it as simple French toast recipe.
You Will Need:
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
How to Make It:
* Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and desired spices along with vanilla extract.
* Lightly oil griddle or skillet. Preheat it over medium high heat.
* Then, dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture. Place in the pan and cook until the both sides are golden.
* Serve hot!
It’s really simple, isn’t it? Although it is just simple, I want you to have the great French toast. To get the best taste of the French toast, you may need to consider some things such as:
1. Choosing the right kind of bread. You know, there are many kinds of bread and not all of them are suitable to being toast. Try to avoid generic store breads.
2. Do not forget to preheat the pan. There is a huge advantage in preheating the pan before cook your bread. The outer layer of custard cooks fast enough and you will not find a “foot”.
3. Add toppings. The French toast will never seem boring if you try to topping your toast with unexpected savory element like sausage.