Homemade Natural Sugar Wax Recipe and How to Use It
Leg hair is something scary for women as well as for my sister and some of my friends. There are some methods in removing that hair but some women prefer to do sugaring by using sugar wax naturally. This method is gaining popularity because it has a lot of advantages such as:
- Sugar will not stick live skin cells.
- It is removing the hair in the natural direction of the hair growth.
- Sugar paste dissolves easily with water
Let us go to the sugar wax recipe.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Non-GMO cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Medium sized cooking pot
- Stainless steel bowl
- Several strips of cloth (about 6 inch wide and 12 inch long)
- In a pan on the stove, place lemon juice, sugar and water. Heat slowly and bring to a slow boil. Reduce the heat about 260 degrees and simmer until they become smooth and golden.
- Take it off from the heat and transfer to a stainless steel bowl you’ve prepared. Let it cool for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash your legs and then exfoliate. Dry your legs well and then apply a thin layer of powder.
- Take out about the size of a ping pong ball sugar mixture and knead it until it is smooth.
- Simply spread it on your leg. Take a cloth strip and press onto the wax. Wait until the wax has cooled to your body temperature and then grip the bottom edge of the strip and pull quickly against the growth of the hair. Don’t hesitate to do it very fast.
- Rinse off any remaining sugar mixture and moisturize. Apply some oil to minimize the redness.