Healthy and Tasty Thai Iced Tea Recipe
Tea is not only a tasty beverage but also a healthy beverage. There are numerous researches showing that drinking tea can improve our health. Everyone may know that tea has caffeine that is good for our nervous system. However, tea also contains antioxidants. At least, tea can boost your immune system and reduce risk of serious health conditions.
Tea beverages vary among countries. Thai tea is a Thai drink made from brewed Ceylon tea but the Bai Miang with added food coloring is commonly used. Alike other teas, this tea is sweetened with sugar, served chilled with ice but added with condensed milk. This Thai iced tea is commonly served in a tall glass and it is popular both in Southeast Asia and in many American restaurants. The ways to make this tasty iced tea is simple. Simply follow this Thai iced tea recipe to make a healthy and tasty Thai iced tea.
You Will Need:
- 6 bags black tea or red Thai tea, you can also use 1 1/2 tablespoons loose tea
- 5 cups water
- 2 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Equipment You Need:
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring spoons
- Several tall glasses
How to Make It:
- Firstly, in a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat and place the tea bags, star anise and cloves in the water until they are completely submerged. Steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, star anise, and cloves by using a large spoon.
- Add the sugar in and stir until dissolved.
- Let it cool to reach room temperature.
- Fill your tall glasses with ice cubes and fill each glass ¾ of the way full with the tea.
- Add a tablespoon sweetened condensed milk to each glass and stir.
- Drink immediately.