Classic Tom Collins Recipe
The name of this drink sounds like a name of a person. It makes the drink special in my view. Tom Collins is a Collins cocktail. It is made from gin, lemon juice, sugar and carbonated water. This drink is otherwise transparent. Tom Collins is excellent to drink any time of day and on any occasion. This drink is one of the best everyday cocktails that everyone loves. The Tom Collins recipe below is the classic recipe that will lead you to make original Tom Collins at home. Let’s get started.
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- Club soda
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Lemon or orange slice (for garnish)
- Just like the martini, this one has its own special glass. Make sure you have it. So, in a Collins glass, pour the gin, lemon juice, and sugar syrup along with ice cubes.
- Stir thoroughly and top with club soda.
- Garnish it with the cherry and orange or lemon slice you have prepared. You can choose as your desire. Garnish is important here, because the Tom Collins without any garnish will look like boring.
- Serve it in any time on any occasion.
You can also choose the other gin to make Tom Collins. It’s O.K. to explore all the options such as the beefeater, Plymouth gin or old tom gin. As additional information for you, there are some recipes that are commonly called as “Collins”. It varies due to the base liquor and on occasion includes a few extra ingredients. Some others Collins are John Collins, Vodka Collins, Juan Collins, American Collins, Lavender Sapphire Collins, and Rhubarb Collins. Thus, you can try to make your classic Tom Collins at home easily. Happy trying!