A Better Recipe for Apple Crisp
One apple a day keeps the doctor away! That nice quote is very true. Apple itself is being a popular fruit ever especially in the United States. Apple can be a main ingredient of many dishes as well as apple crisp. The term crisp is referred to a dessert consisting of a type of fruit which is baked with a crispy topping.
Then, apple crisp is definitely a dessert consisting apple. Specifically, it is a dessert consisting baked chopped apples topped with a crisp streusel crust. As a dessert, it is so easy to make within some minutes. Get this recipe for apple crisp a try to have a great apple crisp ever.
- 2 1/2 pounds medium Granny Smith and Golden Delicious apples, about 5 or 6 (peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, 1/2 stick (cut into small pieces, plus more for coating the dish)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat your oven first to 350 degrees and arrange a rack in the middle. Then, coat an 8-by-8inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoons salt. Toss to coat.
- Then place the mixture in your prepared baking dish and set it aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oats, flour and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until combined.
- Blend in the butter pieces until small clumps form by using your fingertips. Make sure that the butter is well incorporated.
- After that, sprinkle the apples and bake until the streusel is crispy and the apple is also tender. It usually takes 50 or 60 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.