2 Delicious Recipes for Ground Turkey
Ground turkey is a mixture of dark and light turkey meat with skin and fat. It is called ground because it is processed together until a “ground” form emerges. Here are two delicious recipes for ground turkey.
- Turkey Lasagna
1 lb lean ground turkey
½ cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup hot water
1 box cheese lasagna
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (drained)
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook the turkey and garlic in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the milk, hot water and sauce mix and stir to combine.
- Then, stir the uncooked pasta, carrots and Italian seasoning. Heat to boiling and reduce heat, cover and simmer 9-11 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Top with cheese and cover. Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Turkey Pot Pie
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ cup sliced carrot
¾ cup cubed peeled sweet potato
¾ cup sliced peeled parsnip
½ cup chopped red onion
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
3 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 can (8 oz) crescent dough sheet
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees and spray 11×7-inch glass baking dish by using cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato, carrot, parsnip and onion and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the soup, milk, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the turkey and cooked vegetables. Pour it into the baking dish.
- Unroll on cutting board and cut into strips. Arrange the strips over turkey mixture and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.